CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Motherhood

So in relief society on sunday that topic of the lesson was motherhood. You know, I have always known what an amazing and precious gift it is to be a mother but every now in then it's nice to be reminded of how special it really just is and not to be taken for granted. One of God's greatest gifts to us as women is to be able to bear children and become mothers. I know not everyone will be able or want to do this but for those of us that can how awesome it is!!!! Everyday I thank my Heavenly Father for the special little spirits that he has entrusted to me. Being pregnant again has re-instilled that miraculous process again and makes me wonder how anyone could not believe in God and just what in the world they might think makes this all happen. It's absolutely amazing!!! I am fortunate to have an amazing mother also. Everyday I see a little piece of her in me as I do things with my children. I wish I could be more like her and want to just get down on the floor and play all the time. I remember her doing that with me and sometimes when I am feeling a little too tired or annoyed I just remember the memories that I have and it makes me want to leave those memories in my munchkins little minds too. I am also so very blessed to having an amazing husband at home that fulfills the roll of "mom" while I am at work everyday. I am grateful that Heavenly Father has given me a man that is so capable and good at this. I love coming home and seeing the things that he has taught them and how much they love them and the special bond that they have with thier daddy. So many kids grow up only knowing their father's on the weekends because they are so busy with work throughout the week. I love my family sooo much and I am so blessed to have such wonderful support and guidance as I tackle the diffucult yet oh so fun role of motherhood everday!!!!

2 comments:

teamscow said...

no need to cut and paste, it is the second to the last paragraph in the "Proclamation to the Family"
I was really wanting to say something but it wasn't coming out very Christian of me so I read this and I thought that was exactly what I wanted to say... Thanks Gordan B!

teamscow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.